Clustrmap

Friday, January 13, 2012

Snowmen at Night

I read another read aloud to my classes called Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner.  We talked about how snowmen at night could be out doing things when people are asleep.  We also talked about the possibility of other things coming out at night to do things when we are not watching.  It started a great discussion and storytelling time.  The students were able to use their imagination and to tell stories about finding their stuffed animals in different places when they woke up in the morning.  Many students said that they had the elf from Elf on the Shelf moving around their house. 

After storytelling time, I had the students complete a classbook titled "If I were a Snowman, I would..."
Each student completed a page with a picture first then finished the sentence.  I was very happy to see 31 students out of 36 students drew a picture that I was able to recognize what they were drawing.  35 out of 36 students were able to write their own words to finish the sentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment