Clustrmap

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Breakthrough!

Yea!  I had my students do a dot-to-dot when they arrived at school.  It made a gingerbread boy.  The picture already had the details on the gingerbread boy so all they had to do was color them.  But I heard a few students say, "Remember to color all of the details."  I was so happy that they are remembering! 

We are working on the parent gift right now.  I am having them illustrate a calendar.  I ran the calendar on cardstock and then put a binding on it.  On the front, I am going to take a picture of each student and create a frame to go around it.  This project gives the students a chance to practice drawing different pictures that go with each month.  For example, May-I talk about what usually happens in this month and the student gets to decide what he or she wants to draw.  They can draw flowers, sun, grass, write Happy Mother's Day or I Love You Mom!, etc.  Some students are taking their time and filling the whole page but some are still struggling with drawing!

Hopefully parents will enjoy the calendar that is illustrated personally for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment